I came across this cool graphic chart on this french site which uses Datamonitor ranks for the top social networking sites across different continents. What's interesting here is NOT the rank itself , but the very important thing we normally miss while signing up with every second social network - And, that's "where do I want to develop my network?"
Even though Facebook is among the top social network, if I want to develop my business contacts/ social network in Asia - it's not the best option! In fact, Facebook is NOT even in the top 5 social networks in Asia by usage. The chart shows me that Friendster or Orkut would offer much more traffic and users in Asia. Similarly, if I'm looking at Europe or North America, my first stop must be Bebo and Myspace. That was cool to know!
See how Datamonitor ranked the social networking sites across continents:
North America:
- Myspace
- Bebo
- GaiaOnline
- Nexopia
- Orkut
- Hi5
- MetroFlog
- Myspace
- LiveSpaces
- Friendster
- Cyworld
- Orkut
- Mixi
- Myspace
- Bebo
- Myspace
- Skyblog
- Netlog
- Hi5
- Netlog
- Yonja
- Skyblog
No comments:
Post a Comment