While I was busy going through the exhaustive research papers on 'search' from WWW2008, I missed out to mention some interesting papers on social networking. Here's a brief look at the topics I found on the site (use the link at the bottom to download the PDF) which you might find interesting:
Social Networks: Applications and Infrastructures for Web 2.0
* Why Web 2.0 is Good for Learning and for Research: Principles and Prototypes
* Exploring Social Annotations for Information Retrieval
* Lock-Free Consistency Control for Web 2.0 Applications
Social Networks: Discovery and Evolution of Communities
* Tag-based Social Interest Discovery
* FacetNet: A Framework for Analyzing Communities and Their Evolutions in Dynamic Networks
* Statistical Properties of Community Structure in Large Social and Information Networks
Social Networks: Analysis of Social Networks and Online Interaction Spaces
* Statistical analysis of the social network and discussion threads in Slashdot
* Yes, There is a Correlation - From Social Networks to Personal Behavior on the Web
* Knowledge Sharing and Yahoo Answers: Everyone Knows Something
Internet Monetization: Recommendation and Security
* Optimal Marketing Strategies over Social Networks
* Trust-based recommendation systems: an axiomatic approach
* Secure or insure? A game-theoretic analysis of information security games
The above research paper PDFs can be found on this page of WWW2008 website. Let me know if you found it as interesting as I did...
No comments:
Post a Comment